The warranty for your Truck protects you, our customer, against failures in the vehicle caused by any manufacturing defects that may have occurred when your vehicle was built. It’s our way of showing that we’re properly supporting you, your vehicle and your business, right from day one.
We’ll cover you for any defects in material or workmanship that occur as a result of the vehicle manufacturing process. Whilst glass is not normally covered, warranty would apply in the case of a stress fracture. In this way, we accept responsibility for those items that are ours; but naturally we cannot cover any non-approved modifications, accessories or bodywork applied after the vehicle’s manufacture.
What does the warranty not cover?
Again, remember that the purpose of any warranty is only to cover defects that may have arisen during the manufacturing process. Therefore, we can’t cover problems arising from:
• A failure to follow instructions contained in the vehicle’s operating manual or maintenance booklets, or from your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer, garage or repairer.
• A failure to have the vehicle maintained and serviced correctly, and at the required intervals as set out in the maintenance booklet.
• Incorrect repairs by an unauthorised garage.
• The fitting of non-approved parts, additional equipment and bodywork, or other unauthorised vehicle modifications (your Mercedes-Benz dealer will be happy to advise).
• Using and driving the vehicle outside the instructions outlined in the driver’s handbook.
• Not following advice provided by the vehicle’s information system or dashboard warning lights.
• Exceeding gross vehicle weights, axle loads and payload capacity.
• Normal ‘wear and tear’, including friction and consumable items such as oil and lubricants, filters, brake pads, clutch materials, wiper blade sand tyres.
• External events including environmental issues such as storms and floods, accident damage, salt corrosion, civil unrest or vandalism.